Cassandra NoHostAvailable: Error In CQLSH


Answer :

This is too late to answer. But I wanted to share my experience.

If you have a single node cluster and use NetworkTopologyStrategy, then it throws this error. Check your keyspace configuration.

Error during inserting data: NoHostAvailable:


My CQL command to update the replication

ALTER KEYSPACE my_keyspace WITH replication = {'class' : 'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'DC1' : 1 ,'DC2' :2 }; 

was slightly different from the config files : conf/cassandra-rackdc.properties

# These properties are used with GossipingPropertyFileSnitch and will # indicate the rack and dc for this node dc=dc1 rack=rack1 

resulting in a

cqlsh: my_keyspace> select * from world where message_id = 'hello_world'; 

NoHostAvailable:

the replication strategy is case sensitive and copy/paste from documentation may lead you to a mistake.

Fix : Changing the replication info so that it match the config files

ALTER KEYSPACE my_keyspace WITH replication = {'class' : 'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'dc1' : 1 ,'dc2' :2 }; 

And execute on each node :

bin/nodetool repair --full my_keyspace 

Got replication set on every node


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Regular VACUUM ANALYZE Still Recommended Under 9.1?

Can Feynman Diagrams Be Used To Represent Any Perturbation Theory?