C Printf Float Value Code Example


Example 1: format specifier fro float in printf

printf("%0k.yf" float_variable_name)  Here k is the total number of characters you want to get printed. k = x + 1 + y (+ 1 for the dot) and float_variable_name is the float variable that you want to get printed.  Suppose you want to print x digits before the decimal point and y digits after it. Now, if the number of digits before float_variable_name is less than x, then it will automatically prepend that many zeroes before it.

Example 2: printf c float

printf("%.6f", myFloat);

Example 3: c printf float value

I want to print a float value which has 2 integer digits and 6 decimal digits after the comma. If I just use printf("%f", myFloat) I'm getting a truncated value.  I don't know if this always happens in C, or it's just because I'm using C for microcontrollers (CCS to be exact), but at the reference it tells that %f get just that: a truncated float.  If my float is 44.556677, I'm printing out "44.55", only the first two decimal digits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Regular VACUUM ANALYZE Still Recommended Under 9.1?

Can Feynman Diagrams Be Used To Represent Any Perturbation Theory?