Alter Table Drop Column Oracle Code Example


Example 1: delete column from table oracle PL SQL

ALTER TABLE table_name DROP COLUMN column_name;

Example 2: oracle drop column

ALTER TABLE my_table DROP COLUMN my_col; -- To check if column exists before renaming it: DECLARE     l_cnt INTEGER; BEGIN     SELECT count(*) INTO l_cnt     FROM dba_tab_columns		-- or all_tab_columns (depending on grants)     WHERE owner = 'my_schema' AND table_name = 'my_table'      	AND column_name = 'my_col';     IF (l_cnt = 1) THEN         EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER TABLE my_schema.my_table DROP COLUMN my_col';     END IF; END;

Example 3: oracle alter table delete column

alter table table_name drop column column_name; alter table table_name drop (column_name1, column_name2);

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Regular VACUUM ANALYZE Still Recommended Under 9.1?

Can Feynman Diagrams Be Used To Represent Any Perturbation Theory?