Bash To Split String And Numbering It Just Like Python Enumerate Function


Answer :

I think you can just add something like count=$(($count+1))

#!/bin/bash # # Script to split a string based on the delimiter  my_string="One;Two;Three" my_array=($(echo $my_string | tr ";" "\n"))  #Print the split string count=0 for i in "${my_array[@]}" do     count=$(($count+1))     echo $count - $i done 

I saw you posted a post earlier today, sorry I failed to upload the code but still hope this could help you

my_string="AA-BBB" IFS='-' read -ra my_array <<< "$my_string" len=${#my_array[@]} for (( i=0; i<$len; i++ )); do     up=$(($i % 2))     #echo $up     if [ $up -eq 0 ]     then          echo ${my_array[i]} = '"Country name"'     elif [ $up -eq 1 ]      then         echo ${my_array[i]} = '"City name"'     fi done 

Here is a standard bash way of doing this:

my_string="One;Two;Three"  IFS=';' read -ra my_array <<< "$my_string" # builds my_array='([0]="One" [1]="Two" [2]="Three")'  # loop through array and print index+1 with element # ${#my_array[@]} is length of the array for ((i=0; i<${#my_array[@]}; i++)); do     printf '%d: %s\n' $((i+1)) "${my_array[i]}" done 
1: One 2: Two 3: Three 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Regular VACUUM ANALYZE Still Recommended Under 9.1?

Can Feynman Diagrams Be Used To Represent Any Perturbation Theory?